FLOATING SOLAR POWER PLANTS ON THE ACUMULATION LAKE OF THE RHPP BAJINA BAŠTA (SERBIA)
Ž. Đurišić, N. Arsenijević2, V. Durković, I. Stamenić, D. Vasić
The concept of the floating photovoltaic systems
- Inactive areas for construction (artificial accumulation lakes, reservoirs,…)
- Better efficiency of PV panels in relation to terrestrial structures
- Reducing the evaporation of water
- It slows the growth of algae in water
- Lightweight, recyclable plastic constructions
- Insufficient exploitation experience
Lake Zaovine (Serbia)
It was created between 1975 and 1983, when the dam was built on the river White Rzava. The lake is the upper reservoir of the RHPP “Bajina Bašta” in Perucac. The maximum elevation of the Lake Zaovine is 882 m. The minimum working elevation of the Lake Zaovine is 815 m.
Variation of the lake Zaovine elevations during 2016
Lake Zaovine with designated surface at minimum working elevation
Optimization of the tilting and azimuth angle of the photo-voltaic panel
The expected insulation to the south-oriented spat at the optimum tilt angle is 4 kWh / m2 / day
An innovative solution with a design that allows the tracking of the azimuth of the sun
Conceptual solution of the floating PV power plant with installed power of 21.7 MWp
Comparative analysis of the PV plant production for different variant solutions
The proposed solution gives about 21% more production than the standard fixed inclination solution. The larger inclination angle allows less losses due to snowfall. The panel rotation system reduces mechanical stress in windy weather.
Conceptual solution for connection of the PV power plant to the electric power system
Economic analysis of the project
- The installed power of the floating power plant is 21.76 MWp
- An innovative solution of the carrier with a variable azimuth angle is envisaged.
- The estimated annual production of the power plant is 31.25 GWh, which is about 15.6% more than the traditional ground structure with a fixed inclination angle.
- The costs of electricity generation in this power plant would be around 85 € / MWh, with an assumed interest rate of 6%
- PV plant would reduce water evaporation annually by about 0.4 mil. M3, which would increase the production of RHPP Bajina Bašta by around 560 MWh / year.
Visited 1120 times, 4 Visits today