General position description
The successful candidate will work in the ENTSO-E Secretariat in Brussels, report directly to the TYNDP team lead, be part of the Secretariat’s System Development section comprise of about 19 permanent staff (including some secondments from Member TSOs). He/she will contribute to ENTSO-E’s legally mandated power system planning tasks such as Ten Year Network Development Plan (TYNDP), Midterm Adequacy Forecast (MAF) as well as Seasonal Outlooks. The role may change and involvement other power system planning tasks.
Specific responsibilities and tasks
- Support several Ten Year Network Development Planning (TYNDP) task forces developing guidelines
- Coordination of planning studies: methodology, planning cases, dissemination
- Understanding of methods and strategies for assessing economic need, applied through development and maintenance of economic evaluation tools and datasets of cost-benefit inputs, e.g. availability, merit order, market prices
- Prepare, undertake, analyse and report on cost-benefit studies of the power system in pan-European context
- Assist in Cost Benefit Analysis Modelling and Developing Cost Benefit Analysis Tools for Network Development
- Utilise the pan European market model
- University degree, preferably in electrical engineering, economics, mathematics, informatics or operations research.
- Very good knowledge of simulation and/or optimization software, ideally applied to electricity market modelling (for instance with tools like Plexos, Antares, Grare, BID, GAMS, PowerSym or similar). General knowledge in network modelling would be a plus.
- Experience in working with complex datasets, for instance with the help of MS Excel, Python, Matlab, R, or similar.
- Interest in coordination and facilitating consensus. Fluent in English, including writing and presentation skills.
- Motivation to work in a multi-cultural environment and to contribute to the European Energy Union
- Project Management
- Business Acumen
- Stakeholder Management
Visited 760 times, 1 Visit today